It's true, I do!
But it's definitely not why you think.
I don't throw things in the kitchen out of anger.... I do it for FUN!
We're a family who works hard. Every day we're serious about our routines and responsibilities. So when we have down time (even if it's in the kitchen while Mom's making dinner) I mix it up a bit by throwing things.
Now, most of you moms are probably cringing right now. The golden rule when we were kids was "Don't throw things in the house". But I get bored just like kids can. Besides, life is too short to be serious ALL the time!
Here are some items I like to throw in the kitchen:
- Peas (yes, I've been known to start food fights)
- Loaf of bread
- Crumpled up napkins/paper towels (this is a good one if you want to start out small -and soft)
- The mayonnaise (Why not? It's in a plastic container and my kids are good catchers- wouldn't try it with the ketchup though.)
- Bag of pretzels
- Pens/Pencils (okay, I can see how this might be a bit risky)
- Plastic cups
- Boxes of tissues
A list of things I throw in other areas of the house:
- The football (I just can't help myself)
Amount of things we've knocked over due to this practice:
- Too many to list
Amount of items broken:
- 0 (I don't have nick knacks- that might be part of the reason-most things are pretty durable)
Amount of FUN had by all:
Happy Friday and I hope you find
some new ways to have fun with your kids today!