(CONT'D FROM COUNTY KIDS MAGAZINE)
By now, you know there is more I want you to add to your School Supply List and no, it's not sanitizer. I mean you can, but that's not what I'm talking about).
Kids are smart, especially now-a-days when it comes to technology.
I'm not saying that there isn't a way around a lot of stuff, but I am saying that there is a need for us as parents to be more proactive!
Take a lot of time to research the following:
- The dangers that your kids face online
- Why you should protect your kids
- What the short and long term issues are of online dangers
- What you can do to help your kids stay safe, be educated and how you can be involved
- What resources there are available to you and why you should consider them
- Do a little research into the amount of money it costs to pay for treatment of addictions and how likely those addicted will come out of it
- Get software that monitors your devices (phones included)
- Talk to your kids about why
- Monitor EVERY alert you get
- Give the app your feedback
- Don't trust your kids to 'know better'...they're kids, they don't know better
- Invest the time (lots of time) on getting to know the product and how to use it